23.2.09

Weather #1

Our moods express a lot of who we are to the world every time we see someone or talk to them. We know we control our moods and maybe somethings affect our moods. What about weather, does that affect how we're feeling? According to Rich Maloof in his article Does Weather Really Affect Our Moods? the weather shouldn't affect the mood of an emotionally stable person very minimally or even not at all. His article goes on to talk about how to deal with fluctuating moods like that. I disagree. I am odd in that I'd rather it was rainy and cloudy than sunny and bright but except that fluke, when I wake up to find it overly bright out it ruins my mood a bit and when I wake up to the pitter of rain my spirit lifts. Maybe after that point it doesn't do much on my mood (mostly because I never see outside our dungeon of a school) but it still changes how I start off the day. While I have no scientific evidence in my favor I still think that how you wake up has an affect on your day and there for the weather affects our moods.


Maloof, Rich. "Does Weather Really Affect Our Mood?." msn health & fitness (2009) 1. 23 Feb 2009 <http://health.msn.com/health-topics/depression/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100231856>.

1 comment: